16E1 OPTIMUX is a point-to-point transmission unit operating at 150 Mb/s bit rate compatible with existing plesiochronous systems. The embedded mixed multiplexer realizes transmitting 16 E1 and fast Ethernet data over optical system. 16E1 OPTIMUX provides two RS232 interfaces, one is for user’s purpose and the other is for network management. Alarms, performance monitor are available through the interface.
The unit is featured by very compact, minimum cost and low power consumption. It is ideal for application areas such as remote transmission in point-to-point links with small capacity and LAN extension.
- Line bit rate is 150Mb/s, 50Km transmission without repeater
- 1+1 line protection with ALS facility for eye safety
- Provides 16 E1s comply with ITU-T G.703 on interface and G.742, G.823 on jitter performance; Local/Remote loopback is supported
- Provides a 100Mb/s fast Ethernet interface complies with IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, supports auto-negotiation and flow control (pause)
- Alarms, performance monitor, and information about the local/remote equipment status are available
- Provides Engineering Order Wire (EOW), customer RS232 data channel and RS232 interface (NMS) for equipment management
- Both AC 220 and DC-48 are available
- Single board design, 1U high, and 19 Inch wide
3. Function Description
3.1. Front Panel
3.1.3 EOW interface
16E1 OPTIMUX supplies a RJ-11 socket for the ordinary telephone set connection.
The EOW adopts the simple signaling to connect each other for point-to-point application. The ring will be generated at remote when phone set is off-hook, when the user at remote is off-hooks, conversation goes on. When anyone hooks, the other will receive engaged tone,
The EOW interface is optional.
3.1.4 Power Switch
As shown in fig 3-1-1, the symbol “o” is for power off and “I” for power on.
3.2.1 Power connector
There are both AC220V and DC-48V power connecters on the rear panel of the 16E1 OPTIMUX. User can select one power according to the field conditions. In the design of power supply, over voltage and over current protection technique are adopted. For DC power, there is a protection for polarity reverse due to careless connection.
As shown in Fig.3-2-1, PGND is already connected internally to the cabinet. Whatever AC or DC is selected, the PGND should be well connected to the earth grounding and the resistance should be less than 4Ω. In case of no earth grounding, the PGND should connect to the GND.
3.2.2 Optical Interface
There are two optical interfaces, A and B. The 1310nm wavelength and FC type connecter are selected as default for 50Km transmission without repeater.
3.2.3 E1 Interfaces
E1 interface has a bit rate of 2.048 Mbps, un-frame, and are ITU-T G.703 compliant. The connector support balanced (120ohm) or unbalanced (75ohm).
3.2.1 DIP Switch
188.8.131.52 Automatic Laser Shutdown
To protect eyes, the 16E1 OPTIMUX provides the Automatic Laser Shutdown (ALS) function. In in case of optic fiber disconnection, the optical port will reduce the power of the transmit signal automatically.
When ALS is active by DIP Switch ‘ALSEN’, the luminous power of the transmitter will be 20 db lower on average than normal. Please refer to Table 3-2-4-1 for more.
Table 3-2-4-1 DIP Switch
184.108.40.206 Automatic Protect Switching
Installing two optical interfaces, 16E1 OPTIMUX supports APS function. The receiving data will be switched to the backup fiber line if any accident detected on the working line. If APS function is not required, the operators can use only one optical interface by setting DIP switches while the other optical interface still exists and the status are displayed by LEDs. In this case, operators need to disable all the alarms of this removed interface by Dip switch ‘FORCEB’ and ‘FORCEA’. Please refer to table 3-2-4-2 for more.
3.2.5 Customer Channels
The 16E1 OPTIMUX provides two 32 low-speed asynchronous serial channels for functional expansion named as CONSOLE and RS232. The CONSOLE is for equipment management and the RS232 is for customer’s channel. Both interfaces are introduced by RJ45 connector. CONSOLE works at 9600b/s while RS232 can be up to 250b/s. Refer appendix for pinouts.
4. Installation and Setup
I Open the package, check out the package contents such as equipment and parts according to the packing list; for any damage, contact with the supplier instantly;
II Mount the unit in a 19-inch rack with screwdriver;
III Connect the interfaces
- Connect the E1 lines with RJ48or BNC
- Connect the optical lines with optical fiber cable
- Connect the user LAN to the RJ-45 connectors designated 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet
- Connect the control terminal to the rear panel CONSOLE connector with a serial cable.
IV connect the power
- Always set the power switch at OFF position first and then connect the power.
The AC voltage is in the rang of 165V～265V ;The DC voltage is in rang of -36V to -72V. We strongly recommend you to make sure to connect the PGND connector of the device on the back panel to the earth of the telecommunication house in a reliable way. Also be careful of the connector’s polarity, no reverse connection is permitted.
2. Technical Paraments
5.1 Optical Interface
- Bit rate: 150Mb/s ± 50ppm
- Wave length: 1310nm (1550nm optional)
- Fiber: Single mode
- Output power: -2 to -11dBm
- Sensitivity: Better than -36dBm
- Connecter: FC (SC is optional, and SC for ALS)
- Output power less than -49dBm when ALS enabled.
5.2 E1 Interface
- Bit rate: 2.048Mb/s,±50ppm
- Impedance: 75Ω unbalanced or 120Ω balanced
- RJ48 wire sequence: 1 and 2 are transmitting lines, 4 and 5 are receiving lines
- Coding: HDB3, according to ITU-T G.703
- Jitter: complies with ITU-T G.823 and G.742.
5.3 Ethernet Interface
- 10M/100M through auto-negotiation
- Full/Half duplex through auto-negotiation.
- Connector: RJ-45
5.4 Order Wire Interface
- Phone set: Standard 2-wire phone set
- Bandwidth: 64Kb/s
- Coding: PCM
5.5 RS232 For Management
- Bit rate: 9600b/s
- Data width: 8bits
- Stop bit: 1bit
- Parity check bit: None
- Connector: RJ45
5.6 RS232 For Customer Data Channel
- Bit rate: ≤250kb/s
- Connector: RJ45
- Duration for optical line switching: <1.5ms
- Number of bit error during switching: <2.5kbits
5.8 Mechanical Dimension
- Dimension: 483mm(Width)×44mm(Height)×200mm(Depth)
- Net weight: 2.5kg
- Power consumption: 10W±10%
5.9 Operating Condition
- Temperature: 0℃ to 45℃
- Humidity: 95％, No condensation